Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Black Friday.

Once a year Black Friday happens. You could think of it as a day when you wake up early and get awesome deals on HD televisions, or a day when you're still overpaying for things you really don't need and act like an asshole to get to the checkout counter first.

Did you hear of the Walmart greeter that got trampled to death this year?
Or the pregnant women that got knocked down and lost her baby?

Stories like this happen every year. It's disgusting to hear how greedy people can get during the holidays. Doesn't greed ruin the purpose of Christmas? I think maybe we should make a law and buy presents every other year...that could suck, too. I'm not sure what the happy medium would be. Getting things we only really need?

I, myself, have never participated in the evil of Black Friday. Too many people rushing around everywhere, too many long lines. I think it would make me angry being involved in such madness!

No comments: