Tuesday, December 9, 2008

RIP Chuck Taylors


Dear Tennis Shoes,

Today, as I was heading out the door I grabbed you, and as I placed you, Lefty on my foot I couldn't believe that you could actually snap and break. My old faithful tennis shoes. I remember the first day I got you in 8th grade, I was 14 then. You made me feel so special. I wore you to my very first Warped Tour. We have shared so many memories, both good and bad. I thought you would be with me forever.

I remember when I was 16 and decided I should branch out and try different shoes, like moccosins and ballet flats. I still thought of you, and occasionally wore you to mow the grass or walk in the park.

I just can't believe it's over. This four year relationship we have had, has now come to an end. I will always love you and promise never to throw you away.

Right now, I am listening to "Goodbye my Lover" by James Blunt in your honor. You were the greatest shoes I ever owned because of all of our special memories. You will never be forgotton

P.S. I love you.

No comments: